List of Carilion Clinic Foundation Funds
1. Cancer Center : Funds support a new cancer center to ensure every person in our community with cancer has access to the best medical care available close to home.
2. Employee Emergency Fund: Funds support Carilion employees experiencing temporary, unexpected financial hardship.
3. Patient Care Fund: Funds support necessary, treatment-based support for patients without financial means including medication, equipment and transportation.
4. Carilion Children's: Funds support Carilion Children's mission and services to ensure every child in our community receives the care they need for a healthy future.
5. Dr. Robert L.A. Keeley Healing Arts Program: Program addresses the emotional needs of patients and families by integrating literary, performing and visual art experiences in the healing process.
6. Area of Greatest Need: Funds support immediate needs for equipment, programs and services that otherwise may not be possible.
7. Dr. Jeffrey George Cardiac Surgery Fund: Funds, given in memory of Dr. George, support lodging, meals and/or travel for cardiac patients and their families.
8. Sunshine Fund: Funds assist Carilion Oncology patients with transportation costs, medication, and other needs during their treatment.
9. Volunteer and Guest Services: Funds support overnight stays for families of CRMH patients.
Patient Care Funds Directly Impacting Specific Carilion Departments
10. The Adams Fund: Funds support the charitable purposes of the dental clinic.
11. Breast Care Center Fund: Funds support equipment and/or patient-care initiatives for the Breast Care Center.
12. Family and Community Medicine: Funds support equipment and initiatives for the care of everyday health needs.
13. Gastroenterology: Funds support equipment and initiatives for the treatment of digestive diseases.
14. Cardiovascular Institute Fund: Funds support equipment and initiatives for the treatment of patients with cardiovascular diseases.
15. Hospice: Funds support initiatives specific to Hospice. Please specify location: Roanoke, New River or Franklin.
16. Medicine: Funds support the care of the broad spectrum of illnesses that affect adults.
17. Obstetrics and Gynecology: Funds support medical expertise and surgical care for women in pregnancy, childbirth,and disorders of the reproductive system.
18. Orthopaedic Endowment Fund: Funds support equipment and initiatives for the treatment of the musculoskeletal system.
19. Palliative Care: Funds support equipment and medical care that relieves the pain, symptoms and stress caused by serious illness.
20. Pharmacy Services: Funds support equipment and initiatives specific to the department.
21. Psychiatry and Behavioral Medicine: Funds support equipment and initiatives that work to diagnose, treat and prevent problems with emotions and behavior.
22. Radiology: Funds support equipment and initiatives specific to the department.
23. Surgery: Funds support equipment and initiatives specific to the department.
Patient Care Funds Directly Impacting Our Hospitals
24. Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital: Funds support initiatives specific to CFMH.
25. Carilion Giles Community Hospital: Funds support initiatives specific to CGCH.
26. Carilion New River Valley Medical Center: Funds support initiatives specific to CNRVMC.
27. Carilion Clinic Roanoke Memorial Hospital: Funds support initiatives specific to CRMH.
28. Carilion Rockbridge Community Hospital: Funds support initiatives specific to CRCH.
29. Carilion Tazewell Community Hospital: Funds support initiatives specific to CTCH.
30. Children's Miracle Network Hospitals: Funds support Carilion Children's services.
31. Tarasidis Fund: Funds provide food, clothing and gift cards for CNRV employees experiencing financial hardship during the winter holiday season.
Education and Research
32. Adult Structural Heart Educational Fund: Funds support educational opportunities for cardiac residents.
33. Apel Family Fund for Scholarly Advancement: Funds support scholarly advancement within the Orthopaedic Department.
34. Dr. Robert Berry Education Fund: Funds, given in honor of Dr. Berry, support educational opportunities for surgical residents.
35. Education and Research: Funds support education and research initiatives at Carilion Clinic. Also includes Nursing Research - please indicate your preference.
36. Emergency Medicine: Funds support Emergency Medicine research and education initiatives specific to the department.
37. Dr. J. Randolph and Michelle Clements Endowed Fund: Funds support podiatric initiatives including educational opportunities.
38. Neurosurgery Education Fund: Funds support equipment and initiatives for the diagnosis and surgical treatment of central and peripheral nervous system disorders.